Friday 25 October 2013

City of Cats


 Flying...To the cats...

Moeeewwww...
Greetings from cats!

Kuching...Here I am!






It was a short trip to Kuching, an weekend gateway. Grabbed a ticket to Kuching last minutes, just two weeks away from departure. There were too much surprises in Kuching. I never expected Kuching to be so developed, modern yet tradition. I can see huge bridges, roundabouts and roads in the town. Such development impressed me after I seen the poor in states in East Malaysia. I was expecting that condition Kuching will be almost similar to the capital of another in East Malaysia. Mind my jaws and words that I almost speechless when I swift to the town. There were many aborigines and they were helpful just like the other capital. It was a nice and spacious place to stay and to vacation. Just briefly share what I had done there. I've eaten the noodles, the "highly-recommended" ice-cream, the seafood and the local biscuit. I've gone to the boat ride along Sarawak river, cultural village, oldest Chinese temple, famous beach and China Town. I've seen one of the iconic characters of Sarawak, the 'orang-utans'. What I had not done and will be doing in the future is to continue to explore better food as I've not tried the tomato noodles and belacan vermicelli, bring myself closer to nature and perhaps meet the symbol of Sarawak which is the horn bill. Unable to meet horn bill in person, hence I met its statue. Keep my fingers crossed that I able to recognise them if I ever see them.

The panoramic view of Damai Beach
Independent shoot of sunset view
The night view of Kuching town
The must-try seafood along with...
The must-try ice cream

The horn bill statue, located right opposite
Tua Pek Kong temple
Welcoming message by China Town



The wall of Tua Pek Kong temple, oldest
Chinese temple

Second day, breezy and fun with the ethnicity in Sarawak

I've reached to another district of Sarawak, which is Santubong
The map of culture village
Legendary Mount Santubong, the highest mountain in Sarawak 
Trying to be some "ethinical" 











Mummy and baby of orang-utan






Should learn some acrobatics from him!







Places-to-go, food-must eat and Kuching city guide are scattered and  ready for googled a.k.a "GOD" as quoted from my lecturer. My recommendation to travel in Kuching is to hire a car and drive yourself in the town. Driving is easy and parking is even easier with the spacious parking lots. Least important, but the best is public parking is payable up to 5 p.m. and rests on weekends. Thus travelling in weekends one does not need to worry on the parking fee. One reminder is that I couldn't travel much places as most of them closes at 5 p.m.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good post...:)